Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET)

In case IHEC Blog readers are not up on the numerous youth exchange activities in our field I thought I would briefly highlight the work of The Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET). I first became aware of the work of CSIET when I was contracted by the Forum on Education Abroad to create their Standards Toolbox (which is a companion to their Standards of Good Practice for Education Abroad) as they have produced some great resources related to standards of good practice for the field. I find that CSIET produces excellent resources that can be very informative for colleagues working in higher education.

It’s been some time since I’ve been on the CSIET website and it now has a new and better look and feel. I found two new items on the CSIET website that I thought IHEC Blog readers might find of interest.

First, those of you who like data (and who doesn’t?) might find their Youth Exchange Statistics to be of interest. You can access the data here.

Second, CSIET has launched a joint public service campaign entitled "Host Exchange Students" with the United States Department of State. You can link to this new initiative here.

Educational travel for youth (pre-collegiate level) is becoming more of an interest for me as I was 16 and 18 when I was an exchange student in Rosenheim, Germany so I plan to post more in this area of the field. It was these experiences during my teenage years that lead me on my career path in international education.

No comments:

Post a Comment