Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What’s Happening over on the IHEC Blog Facebook Page


It’s been a busy couple of weeks for me as I’ve been doing lots of catching up with all the things that were neglected during the Fulbright competition and it’s been difficult to post to IHEC Blog. While I value Twitter and will continue to post there I find that Facebook is a happy medium between Twitter and IHEC Blog. Twitter has allowed me to quickly post and retweet interesting information on international education and public diplomacy (see my previous IHEC Blog post on public diplomacy talk on IHEC Blog) and posting to my blog allows me to provide more information about a topic/issue. What I have come to appreciate about Facebook is that I can post items and links I think are of interest and I can do so using more than 140 characters yet I don’t have to spend so much time crafting a blog post, adding hyperlinks and searching for interesting photos. I can provide a lot of information in less time than a blog post. This doesn’t mean that I plan to blog less frequently. It just means that I’m using the IHEC Blog Facebook page more and more and often times the information on the Facebook page will not find its way onto IHEC Blog or to Twitter.

Here is a list of some of the postings to the IHEC Blog Facebook page:

- One of Many Reasons I’m Proud to be a Lab School Parent
- Nice article on the Fulbright Program in the "Tufts Daily" student paper
- The Student Mobility Network at Universitas 21
- Educational Exchanges at The American Club of Sweden
- Inaugural Lecture of the Josef A. Mestenhauser Lecture Series on Internationalizing Higher Education

You can follow IHEC Blog on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/IHECBlogFacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment