Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Role Educational Exchanges Played in Georgia’s Rose Revolution?

Uncertain Democracy: U.S. Foreign Policy and Georgia's Rose RevolutionAs I continue to research and read (sometimes scan) for my dissertation proposal I hope to post to IHEC Blog or IHEC Blog’s Facebook Page from time to time about interesting books, reports, blogs, data or other interesting items that I think IHEC Blog readers will find interesting. One such item that I have found to be of interest is a new (2009) book by Lincoln A. Mitchell entitled “Uncertain Democracy: U.S. Foreign Policy and Georgia's Rose Revolution.”  In his book, Mitchell discusses international educational exchanges and study tours and states that these programs “contributed to the conditions that made a democratic breakthrough in Georgia possible…[but] they played a secondary and indirect role.” I haven’t read all of the book yet but have found it to be a good read and I’ve learned much about Georgia and the Rose Revolution.

Here is a link to the book on Google Books where you can search “exchange” to read relevant snippets of the book.

If you want to learn more about or to purchase this book please click on the photo of the book cover above.

No comments:

Post a Comment